Episode 8: Patient Safari

13 years 6 months ago #926 by haighs
this made me laugh, also the tongue fighter that will not let you get where you need to so annoying lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #923 by CES21
Oh and don't forget the patient that just can't open there mouth for more than three seconds before tightening up their bottom lip and having to wrestle with it! ;)

13 years 6 months ago #921 by rhianp
i have one to add to the list...

the blinker...
the patient who blinks their eyes when you ask them to open wide or close together!

your at the dentist not the opticians :blink:

14 years 14 hours ago #222 by mm21
Hahahahahahah

14 years 1 day ago #216 by bhirchfeld
I thought that went on only in my surgery but it looks like it happens every where. Makes me feel sick sometimes. Had two only to day that gagged.

14 years 1 day ago #215 by angel
Brilliant ... the list can go on and on. x :laugh:

14 years 1 day ago - 14 years 1 day ago #213 by Miss_Floss
Patients...they really do some odd things at times don't they bless 'em...

Thank goodness I wear a mask so I can discreetly snicker or wince behind it whilst observing the behaviour of the many different species of patients in their unnatural habitat...

1) The starer.
Stares at you unblinkly throughout treatment. They do not even look away when you look at them...they just continue to stare. Creepy.

2) Splash landings.
Bring your wet suit...knocks over mouthwash on to you...spits out at you - water, mouthwash, blood, phlegm, food debris, or whatever else they have in their gob when they decide to miss the spitoon and hawk in your direction instead...

3) Mr Gagg.
As soon as you hear the words 'sorry I have a strong gag reflex' the alarm bells start a-ringing. Impression...gagg, Suction tube...gagg, bitewing holder...gagg, can I just try and put this mouth mirrior in...gagg gagg gagg...

4) Denture adventure.
Your in reception, a patient needs a denture repair...before you know it they've whipped it out and placed the still warm, glistening, food debris speckled plate in your naked unbegloved hands...

5) Plaque o' plenty.
'Sorry I didnt have time to brush my teeth before I came'. No you didn't did you...for the past couple of years!

6) The Toilet Diver.
'Can you recement my crown please...I swallowed it'. No you couldn't have swallowed it because you brought it with.. Oh.

7) Sickly Steve.
Vomits...nuff said.

I could go on...

Moderators: DNN

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New