Courses at work but not in my time!

12 years 1 month ago #1978 by Nikki07
We have a lot of part time staff at the practice i work at, we do try to split courses over 2 days inorder for all staff to attend, The practice manager allows us to take time back at a later date or if there is a day the practice will be a little quiet. This is something your practice should be happy to out line with you or even offer a one to one training day, we have even contacted other practices in the area to see if any of them would let us tag on to there days

Reg/Qualified Dental Nurse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #1941 by dawn2410
I have a similar situation with 2 part time staff at my practice. We give the time back to the staff, but I think it depends on the practice, speak to your practice manager :)

12 years 2 months ago #1938 by kmoore
Thank you for your replies, only joined this site 2 days ago and so far im really impressed. Thanx

12 years 2 months ago #1935 by HRussell
This happened to a few of my colleagues.
They weren't allowed to be paid but were told they could take the time back.

It might also depend on your employer as this was in the hospital system :)

I would just ask your employer :)

12 years 2 months ago #1934 by kmoore
I work part-time as a dental nurse. recently all staff have been asked to attend two courses at work. One being CPR - 1 hr in works time the other hr in our own time. The other course is for 2 hrs within works time but both such courses happen to fall on days when i dont work.

Does anybody know where i stand with claiming time back or getting paid for my time? I have a 4 year old so wd have to arrange and possible pay for childcare at such times. Please help. :)

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New