Which gloves to wear

12 years 2 weeks ago #2074 by MLA
Hello,
regarding gloves...
Who said that we aren't allowed to wear latex gloves ?
And where did he/she get that from?
I do agree that if a patient has an allergy(or staff for that matter) we can't use latex but other than that, we can.Can't really see why not....
Now, as long as they are not powdered that is.
Please, let us know where the 'statement' came from,what background and what credibility it has.
:)
MLA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #2018 by dhruti
We still wear a latex gloves, we haven't heard anything that we should not wear latex gloves any more. Although we do wear latex free, when the patient is allergic to it.

12 years 1 month ago #2013 by Assessor
Why the quote???

12 years 1 month ago #2007 by stacey1504
Assessor wrote:

I found out today from our Therapist that I shouldnt be wearing latex gloves.
Ive not been told any different by anyone also not heard anything. No mention in any of the dental nurse magazines.
So when did we have to start wearing nitrile gloves and does anyone else know about this. Ive also noticed that the dental companies still sell latex gloves surely they should be stopped in selling these products if the case is we ahve to wear nitrile. Anybody else been told this.

12 years 3 months ago #1913 by Assessor
I shall continue to wear the latex ones as we have a box with 10 boxes of gloves. The others wear nitrile as one hass an allergy. i do change if we Know a patient has an allergy. So until Ive worn all 1000 pairs of gloves I wont be changing .

12 years 3 months ago #1912 by amandagrose
I too haven't heard anything although we have changed over to Nitrile's due to staff allergies. We use the Shotlander 200 in a box. I did hear that hair salons are changing over.

12 years 3 months ago #1911 by shazza
Hi
i haven't heard anything about that either! I don't think you have to year nitrile gloves. A lot of health authorities have stopped using latex due to a high number of staff developing allergies. We as a practice stopped using latex about 2 years ago. I can't see any reason to keep using latex now. Nitriles are as cheap now and you can get some really good ones. We use dental directory pink ones! Another good reason to go latex free is patients who are allergic. You don't have to give it a thought. ;-)

12 years 3 months ago #1910 by Assessor
I found out today from our Therapist that I shouldnt be wearing latex gloves.
Ive not been told any different by anyone also not heard anything. No mention in any of the dental nurse magazines.
So when did we have to start wearing nitrile gloves and does anyone else know about this. Ive also noticed that the dental companies still sell latex gloves surely they should be stopped in selling these products if the case is we ahve to wear nitrile. Anybody else been told this.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New