Episode 5: three weeks down!

14 years 2 weeks ago #161 by Iain
I can't really remember my first few days of dental nursing, it's all a haze, but I do remember having to chart on my own on my third day which was incredibly daunting! Thankfully charting was something I picked up more or less straight away, plus I used an easy computer system and I had post it notes stuck on the computer to help me out hehe. The first time charting on paper was a nightmare though! I didn't have a clue on appreviations and symbols!

I do remember being incredibly nervous at the second practice where I worked, simply because it was somewhat different to where I first started. Different materials, different working styles, different polices and procedures, and to top it all I worked for a very demanding dentist. The first few weeks were so stressful, despite having done it previously. But in time my confidence grew and I must say that I learned a great deal there - I do sometimes miss it :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 1 week ago #157 by Miss_Floss
So I am now at the end of my third week, it has flown by!

I can't believe how much I have learnt in such a short space of time...

Before I started I didn't have a clue what a bridge was, what root canal involved...I'm pretty sure I didn't really know how many teeth were in my own mouth! Now I have a biazarre new found interest in my own teeth and feel the need to have a good ol' nose around with the mouth mirror on a daily basis. Jules walked into my surg when I was doing this yesterday, gave me a worried look and walked straight back out! :P

I was just wondering if anyone else has any memories of their first few weeks?

Does everyone remember being daunted by all the new instruments to learn, mixes to master, surfaces to chart? Its a lot to learn but its quite absorbing... :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New