Contracts and training

12 years 9 months ago #1574 by Vms118
Like I said, 5 years sounds like a prison sentence. You shouldn't have to sign for 5, but if those are the conditions being offered and they don't change their mind I don't see what you can do. Definitely speak to the BADN, but I ask, what can they actually do? As far as I know they don't have any actual power to influence a private companies decisions right?

However, it never hurts to have some "back up" with a perceived power ;)

Victorus Aut Mortis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #1571 by Assessor
She shouldnt be made to stay up to 5 years after qualifying. Its 1 year after, As Ive just signed one with my employer When he paid for me to do the Radiography exam. It staes 1 year on the contract.
Like I said before speak to the BADN.

12 years 9 months ago #1570 by Vms118
Given the amount of time and effort practices put into training DNs it is understandable that they want guarantees.

One or even two years after completion is in my experience reasonable. Five years however, sounds more like a prison sentence. Sounds too me that the practice doubts their employment conditions/ability to keep good staff.

At the end of the day jobs can be hard to come by these days, many people don't even have one :( so if I were you, and you really seriously want to be a DN (see previous thread :P ) then sign the contract and start saving £10 a month so that if you feel you need to leave the practice in the contract period you can pay for your training. It's definitely fair to expect someone to pay for their own training if they leave. Just be prepared.

Hope that helps chick.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

12 years 9 months ago #1567 by Assessor
Contact the BADN which is the dental nursing association u can find them online. They will be able to help you.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #1566 by Aynay

Moderators: DNN

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New