Episode 4: Car Keys Dilemma

13 years 11 months ago #293 by Miss_Floss
Would you quite want something that had passed through your digestive system cemented back in your mouth?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #280 by stranger
i have....eeeuuurrrggghhh. the fact that people bother to search for them is the bit that worries me....

14 years 2 hours ago #233 by Twiki
Thats one thing i can safely say i have never experienced, everything else but thankfully not that!!!

14 years 13 hours ago #228 by Miss_Floss
Do you know what that has happened a couple of time with crowns...the first time I was absolutely horrified...I looked at the dentist expecting them to share my disbelief but they just whipped out the cement and stuck it in without batting an eyelid...think they have seen it all before! :laugh:

14 years 13 hours ago #227 by Twiki
Thats no problem.

We all have funny things that happen at work, makes the really crappy days seem not so crap and cheer you up (liked your bit about rementing crown that had been swallowed)

14 years 14 hours ago #225 by Miss_Floss
Ahhh thanks for the support Pokerface!! B)

Bhirchfield...obviously go ahead and expresss your views...I encourage anyone to say what they feel about my blog good or bad...
'The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about'! - Oscar Wilde :laugh:

But just for the record...by blog is designed to bring a smile to the faces of hard working dental nurses after a long day at work by sharing the funny things that happen to me at work...the point of Dental Nurse network is to support each other! :)

14 years 14 hours ago #224 by Twiki
Good on ya!!!
Sorry but "Bhirchfeld" you are just plain rude.
If you havent anything nice to say then just dont say anything.
The point in this network is its for DENTAL NURSES to vent. express their views and tell tales from life as a dental nurse. I dont think going home with someones car keys by accident amounts to a sacking.
Would you have sacked me for accidentally posting lab work to the wrong lab, or accidentally melting cheek retractors?

14 years 1 day ago #214 by Miss_Floss
Good job your not my boss then!

14 years 3 days ago #203 by bhirchfeld
I would have given you the sack there and then,you silly girl

14 years 2 weeks ago #144 by Vms118
:lol: Gulp! :lol:

Victorus Aut Mortis.

14 years 2 weeks ago #143 by Miss_Floss
Yes I am nowhere near my 3 month appraisal :ohmy:

But its ok...all my dentists were laughing about it today!

Even though I always get myself in crazy situations they know I am hardworking and they think I'm quite funny so usually they just laugh!

14 years 2 weeks ago #140 by Louise
Oh My God, that will teach you.

14 years 2 weeks ago #134 by Vms118
Are all of these events that you have described before your 3 monthly appraisal? :lol:

Victorus Aut Mortis.

14 years 2 weeks ago #130 by Miss_Floss
:blush: :blush: :blush:

This week I have been working with a different dentist, Kevin, who is newly qualified and a lot younger than Rodger. It was really nice having a change in surgeries and seeing how different dentists work.

Whereas Rodger is quite old school and uses more traditional materials and techniques Kevin is a bit more adventurous and likes to experiment with new things. As he is younger I also feel like I can relate to him more than Rodger and we have more things in common to talk about...also he isn't as scary and disapproving!

Anyway the last couple of days we have been working hard but having a right laugh as well. He has got a new car which is his pride and joy. He is always taking pictures of it and even put a video of it on YouTube...lol.

I was sitting at the computer making notes and charting for a check up. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Kevin's car keys glinting. Hahaha. Thinking I was being well funny I swiftly snuck the keys into my pocket so Kevin would think he had lost them and freak out.

Throughout the afternoon we got really really busy. We had quite a few emergencies...one a toothache which turned into an initial RCT and really made us late. Needless to say I was rushed off me feet and relieved when we finally finished for the day. Kevin works 8 -5 as opposed to 8:30 - 5:30 so I got to leave earlier than the others which was nice. I finished my end of day procedures then was out of there like a shot!

I had been home about 45 minutes doing bits and bobs around the house. I went to my bag to get my dirty uniform to put in the wash and get out my phone and lipbalm etc. I looked at my phone...23 missed calls, what the hell? Hmmm loving the popularity!!! Oh no I'm not...they are all from the work phone and practice manager mob...and Kevin mob...and Jules mob...Joy mob...whats going on? Shit. Scrabbled around for my uniform, yep Kevin's car keys in my pocket...bloody hell.

Phone rings again...Picture the scene, after jumping in my car and racing back to work everyone who parks in the practice car park is outside looking grim. Kevin is at the back of the carpark and therefore blocking everyone in. All three of my bosses, the practice manager, two nurses and a receptionist look at me.
"Ummmm here are your keys..." I mutter, and then run off...
Dont think I'm ever going to live that down... :blush: :blush: :blush:

Moderators: DNN

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New