Treatment Co-ordinator

13 years 7 months ago #844 by Hayes
I am currently new at treatment co-ordinating, just a little tip, make sure you understand what treatment has been suggested by the dentist and all the options. Be ready for any questions from the patient. Understand what payment options you can offer, make patients appointments. deal done! good luck and enjoy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #826 by Vms118
Hard situation, especially in practices that have been around for a long time and have established teams. Resentment is natural.

I would start by thoroughly evaluating your own performance, to be frank and I hope I don't offend but I've seen a few very nice people go very power when promoted. Not all by any means but some. Once you have identified any negative points about yourself, change them - give it a week as the "new you" and then move onto the next step. Next, informally approach the members you feel have a problem and simpy ask - "is there an issue with something I am doing?" It could be that you are misinterpreting information - we all get things wrong occasionally :) Hopefully you can then sort it out between you, in a friendly fashion and find a resolution.

If either a resolution can not be reached or the person denies any grievance but then clearly continues to display behaviour that suggests they do have a problem, the only way forward is formal procedures. Just simply go to the practice manage and owner in your case and give a clear account of what you feel and the evidence you have for what you are saying. Always remember to be prepared. And see what happens....*shrug*

Good luck, I hope that helps. :)

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 7 months ago #821 by rhianp
Hello fellow lovely dental nurses

I have been given a new position in our practice as treatment coordinator. i feel as i am going into this slightly blind i am the first one that the practice has had, my principle dentist is always going on courses and every time we have a practice meeting he says that the courses are always mentioning treatment co ordinators etc and as we are expanding treatments that the practice offer (quit smoking nurse, botox/fillers, cosmetic dentistry, implnts, invisalign etc etc etc.) he feels that we need one...which is ME! i am very excited about this new role. i am in control of the practice website including blog, facebook and twitter acounts, practice newsletter and kids newsletter (which i was responsible for in my previous practice) stock control and so together with this treatment co-ordinator, i also work with our principles wife who does the practice marketing. i only nurse 2 days a week and the rest is spent working on the above and meeting patients, taking clinical pictures etc. i have come up against a couple of members of the team who appear to be negative towards me and my role and one of them being the practice manager.

please please if there is anyone on here that can offer any advice i would be truly grateful.

many thanks

Rhian x :)

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New