× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Furlough

4 years 3 weeks ago #9116 by unflappable
That is just my instinct having been reading all the gov emails. I've also been reading the GDPUK forum a lot lately.

Maybe seek legal advice (are you in a union?) if you are intent on holding onto the job.

To be on no income waiting about for a job that may not exist anymore is not something you should tolerate for more than a week. Clear things up. But be nice to the owner - will be suffering anxiety and probably doesn't know what to do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 3 weeks ago #9114 by DN1989
This is really sad and so uncertain for you.. you are not alone. That’s right they cannot furlough you and take the contract. If the contract isn’t big enough to pay you maybe that is why they are asking you to take holiday then unpaid? Have you asked them what next maybe they can say?

4 years 3 weeks ago #9113 by Coolcat102
Could someone give me some advice and knowledge regarding my employment?

On Sunday 22nd March I was text via whats app from the practice manager to say the practice was a complete closure, all staff to remain at home and she will cancelling patients the following day. Also we all get 80% wages

The next day another statement has been made via social media to say the practice is closed to see patients but will remain open to answer telephone calls. Meaning the girls who have been ‘selected’ to answer telephone calls at the practice will remain getting a full pay, however the rest of the nurses will only get 80%.

Yesterday a third statement was realised via the practice co-ordinator saying that the boss has had new information given to him saying he can’t apply for furlough due to NHS contract. Therefore girls will be asked to use their holiday has pay (17 days) and the rest will be unpaid. The practice co-ordinator will be working from home doing iComply and taking calls from patient that are being diverted to her mobile phone. So now I’m left with no certainty of my position at the practice.

Any advice or information please send my way!

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New