× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

resoration to the register

4 years 10 months ago #8958 by victoriakirven
Hi,
I have experience with this, also having to complete the restoration form. You will definitely nurse again don't worry! It just takes a bit of time to get the relevant CPD etc together. For me I had to show evidence of verifiable CPD only, non-verifiable seems to be irrelevant now. I found Isopharm and DNN were fantastic for this. Keeping a log of your personal development plan is compulsory now too (not required for registration but just going forward). CPD topics that were covered were; Medical Emergencies, Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Radiation Protection, Clinical Governance, Oral Cancer, Legal and Ethical and Complaint Handling. Some of them may only be advisories but I did them all just to be sure! They need this information to ensure nurses are competent enough to return to the register, They gave me a figure, total hours that I needed to complete worth of CPD I had to submit a CPD log (theres a template of the GDC website) along with a copy of the course certificates for it to be valid. You also have to write a written reflection after each course, however this is usually prompted by the course provider and submit this too!
I would find out how much CPD you are required to do and start working your way through them, then at least your clear! I hope I have helped a little lovely and let me know how you get on!
Thanks Victoria

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #8940 by julie40
Hi everyone,

I'm new on here, ive been out of the industry for 4.5 years now. I am a fully qualified dental nurse, I was for 10 years. I had a career break due to family commitments. I am now wanting to get back into it but i'm unsure of what CPD to take (lots seems to have changed) I have spoken to the GDC and they have said I need to fill in and send back the restoration document and send supporting evidence, and be upto date on my CPD before I can get back on the register.

I'm concerned as I haven't kept up with the CPD. Can anyone give me any advice for dummy's on getting back into the industry please? What courses I need to take, where to start again. I'm scared I may never dental nurse again :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New