× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

HELP!! Can't find the kick on suction

7 years 2 weeks ago #8225 by louise-1
Hi Larresha, I find if we are doing treatment on the LLQ I will either use my finger or a mouth mirror to retract the soft tissues as it helps me to see better. I hold the suction in right hand and use my left to retract. Then if we are doing treatment on the ULQ I will hold the suction in my left hand and use retract with my right hand.
Also if you find you are struggling on angling/or where to put the aspirator, ask the dentist where they want you to go, they wont mind. Or if not just aspirate on the opposite side and the back of the mouth!
Hope this helps! :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 weeks ago #8224 by Larresha1
Hi All,

I started in a dental practice 2 weeks ago today and I am getting on quite well. The only thing i'm having real issues with is suction on the left side of the patients mouth.....

i just cannot see. My chair is high and I am making sure I am not in the dentists light but I just cannot see so water keeps pooling into the patients mouth. Also when the dentist works on the left side i have no idea where to put the tube..... I just get confused.....

I have tried to copy the techniques of other nurses but still do not get it...... I need some advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New