× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

uniform washing

7 years 1 week ago #8235 by ZoeFleur
If you wash your uniforms on the hottest wash possible, this is sufficient as well as the drying process too. If this is carried out in the practice, the registered manager has the responsibility to ensure records are kept for the use of the machines, audit and risk assess such as legionella, fire etc., especially if the dryer is kept on when the practice is empty. The costs involved means sometimes is actually cheaper to send out to a local dry cleaners. There is also a benefit for the Directors regarding tax. Of course, there is a benefit for nurses with a refund of tax if you clean your own uniforms at home. After all, it is the registrant's own responsibility to ensure they wear their uniform in a clean and neat way. In standards set out by HSE, as well as HTM0105 and GDC standards.
I hope this helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 weeks ago #8220 by harpsy
I'm after some advice,
we always wash our uniforms at work on a 90 degree wash (I know they say 60 degrees is hot enough) but after a recent course I attended, we was told that to be able to wash uniforms at work there is a lot of paper work to complete to comply with HTM 01-05. unfortunately she didn't elaborate on this further. I have looked and looked for research and in the HTM manual. with no success, of why we no longer should wash the uniforms at work. or the paper work to complete.
can anyone please shed any light.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New