× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Assignment help

7 years 6 months ago #7939 by LemonMeringue
Hi

I previously work as an assessor so know how difficult this question was for my learners.

With all of these i'd encourage you to research chapter 13 of your levisons. But if you are struggling with what the question is actually asking you, simply, Why do we provide oral health in these catagories.

Explain the following reasons for provifing patients with orla health information:
- Demographic and social trends in oral health in the UK and internationally
Research the UK oral health statistics and see if our rates have improved our worsened, and why is it important in that case that we provide oral health (think about equality and diversity)

- Inequalities in health
Again, looking at countries beyond the U.K, private health care vs no healthcare etc.

- Socio economic factors
What factors might families on low income struggle to afford when it comes to O, what alternatives can you offer or manage the situation so again E&D is considered

- Health policy
Changes in health policy/contract cuts to referral services has resulted in long waiting lists, so why is it important to ensure people are recieving good oral hygiene advise.

I'd encourage you to answer this as an essay incorporating all parts rather than tackling individually as you can see, most of it is to do with E&D

Hope this helps

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #7936 by nataliebarry27
Can any dental nurses help with these question or have any previous work that would help me to answer them??

Unit 312 Provide information and support to individuals on the protection of their oral health

Explain the following reasons for provifing patients with orla health information:
- Demographic and social trends in oral health in the UK and internationally
- Inequalities in health
- Socio economic factors
- Health policy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New