× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

domiciliary services

10 years 8 months ago #5703 by Ekw
Hi there

Are you a practice wanting to start this service? I did doms when I worked in community. It was good and a fantastic service to those who needed it, it had it difficulties though your stock had to bang up to date as you couldn't forget anything. Other issue was treatment that could be offered as you have no drills, we had a portable motor for a straight handpiece for denture easing, we mainly did denture work, extractions and dressings/fillings with cement so it could be quite hard. Also where your patient will be sitting (in bed or they're favourite chair) so you work at terrible angles and heights as well as having to adjust to how people live, lots of clutter or lack of space can make it very hard I remember mixing and loading an impression tray in a kitchen then trotting through to their livingroom!! But your patients are so happy to see you and grateful just needs good planning especially how far you'll travel to see a patient.
Hope it works out for you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #5692 by ania
Hi, has anyone done domiciliary service. We would like to start and currently researching whether there would be an interests.
If you've done how you went about it? were there risk assessments done, how was the actual treatment? I would be grateful for any info.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New