× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

IDH

13 years 11 months ago #360 by duchesspink
oh i typed a huge reply then lost it!

jist of it was, I don't mind that they sacked me, i went to work for them as IDH, I wasnt in a bought over practice so I knew what I was going to and what my contract was.

I didnt follow their policy as frankly they were too slow to pay someone that needed her money, in my opinion, it made no difference if it came for the IDH surgery or the head office, either way, its the same bank account and I was the one that had the staff member standing in tears broke in front of me. I don't regret it and i'd do it again.

I worked managing two practices for the princely sum of £20k!!!!!!!! so losing that job won't turn my hair gray, i could earn more nursing in Edinburgh.

All in all though, they are a good company as they pay for courses etc for you, you take the rough with the smooth i suppose, there are good incentives and bonuses now for staff that work in practices that make good money.

I'm kind of defending them and not at the same time, i think you take your chances no matter who you work for.

Chris Barrow certainly thinks that most dentistry will be corporate in 15 years, perhaps he's right but a lot of his main practices are thriving independants with stunning practices, happy teams and dentists that value their team!

I think Chris Barrow is amazing, he's a great guy and his coachbarrow website is great too, you should have a look at some of his top practices there, they are the kind of practice i'd love to work in!

good luck though to the original poster, get what you need then leave, thats my advice.

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #359 by angel
My personnel opinion..... You can do without them!!!

13 years 11 months ago #357 by dental73
Hi
I have to agree with all the previous blogs, IDH is currently on a spending spree buying up all those single handed or small independant businesses and then negotiating with the PCT to provide NHS treatment for low UDA values I havent personally worked for them but I have to say they dont have a great reputation within the dental proffesion but there is nothing stopping you from continuing to work for them whilst looking out for other opportunities - hope everything works out for you x

13 years 11 months ago #353 by GURU
I agree what you said. But, why did they get rid of you??
May be initially the honored the contract you had with your old boss... but later they got rid of you giving various reason. So typical of corporates. If they let you off at the beginning, you would be eligible for redundancy.... but... they sacked you later... they saved that money..... PLUS... they got the vital information from you by having you as a manager.... it was a picture perfect scenario for them....

13 years 11 months ago #352 by Vms118
Besides, within the next 20 years most dental practices in Europe will be owned by a corporate of some kind, which is very sad.
It is the same as other industries, buying power and spiraling costs of materials, keeping up with legislation etc etc are forcing owners to sell up. Just look at your local area, I bet a huge chunk of the stores were family owned businesses 10 years ago but are now chains like Focus, OneStop, Morrisons.... By the time 2050 comes around (gulp) there will be no family run businesses, just clone stores.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 11 months ago #351 by Vms118
That is harsh, really feel for you. Good luck with the hunt :(

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 11 months ago #336 by duchesspink
I worked for IDH as a practice manager until recently. The practices I worked in were lovely however that was in Scotland, one private and one NHS.

The company pays GDC registration, provides your CPD for you, or at least 12 hours of it per year through CPR, Health and safety, Decontamination and cross infection control etc.

I would say that the salaries are shockingly low, however, they typically buy over practices and you get paid what you were on when your own principle was the boss.
I have seen nurses complaining about that but realistically, if your boss sells to another principle, your wage isnt going to magically rise.

One of the practices I managed was under a good contract from their old principle, full sick pay etc and IDH honoured those contracts.

You have nothing to lose from signing your contract, well actually you do, you won't be involved in the holiday increases that they give every year, you won't be automatically in for any bonus payments etc. Keeping to your old contract is silly, do it if you like but personally i'd sign the IDH one, there is no difference in it and yours.

Saying all of that, I was sacked for not following procedure, after being there for nearly 4 years and being a good manager for them.
One of my staff didnt receive her salary on time, so i paid her out of the till, because she needed money. She didnt pay it back on time and I got sacked for not contacting HR or payroll to have it deducted from her pay or for not waiting for them to help her.

That was in october last year, I waited a week for them to help her and nothing happened hence me paying her from the till.
Morally I did the right thing and I think its a shame that You are effectively a number in a large organisation when it comes to things like this.

I got sacked last month so i'm currently looking for another job. I liked the company but don't expect a lot of help if you need it.

13 years 11 months ago #330 by GURU
Peitre Tucker Limited and IDH are same..... The PT Limited goes by the name of IDH.

About signing the contract, my personal advice, they cannot force you that, so do not sign. The terms and condition of work must be the same as you have now if you wish to continue working there. Its that simple.

If they lay you off.... the term then would be redundant, and you will be eligible ofr redundancy pay. So decide what you want !!!

13 years 11 months ago #326 by stacey
i went to college with a few girls lot worked in idh practices + they all complained of low pay, wouldnt hurt to stay with them while u look for something else though

13 years 11 months ago #317 by charlotte
what is (Peitre Tucker Limited) were they in the north west? the company i work for have sold the buisness to them iv not heard anything nice about them if we chose not to sign the new contract we have no job by the 28/5/10 with less than 3 weeks notice!!

13 years 11 months ago #313 by GURU
I have been to couple of IDH (Peitre Tucker Limited), as locum. All of those I have been to are sub-standard.

13 years 11 months ago #312 by charlotte
does anyone work for idh or know what they are like??

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New