× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Dipslide testing

11 years 4 months ago #3018 by davidrnpm
Hi,

My practice is using the Alpron solution but the company that makes alpron also makes DUWL dipside tests and Biofilm Removal kits for flushing the waterlines. We do a full biofilm removal once a year and do DUWL testing every 3/12.

The dipslides that you use from QWS are exposed to water from DUWL then left in storage for a few days at room temp then the results come up on the dipslide and you can send away for a certificate of compliance once you have done the initial test but for this you dont need to send away the dipslide you just complete a self decleration form and send to QWS this should be free if you have bought an alpron / bio film removal kit and they send you a recording sheet for the next 12 months so that you can document DUWL checks yourself. PM me if you have any further questions here is the web link:

www.qwsonline.co.uk/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #3015 by Assessor
What is this Dip slide you mentioned?

11 years 5 months ago #3007 by Louise
Alpron is what we use at the practice just need to store it in a dark cool place for 5-7 days

11 years 5 months ago #3006 by MLA
Hi,
Yes some companies are selling them so there are some you don't need to send away or need an incubator for.
For example Dentisan, Henry Schein but there are more. Shop around!

:)

11 years 5 months ago #3004 by tamzy_21
Can anyone tell me if there is dipslide testing for DUWL that do not have to be incubated or sent away? Or is this the only way that is possible?

Thank You

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New