× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Study Models

11 years 2 months ago #4212 by Jude
and get this! if you give the study models to the patient you need to advise them on how to dispose of said study casts!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #4184 by Assessor
If the plaster contains Gypsum and we cant throw them in the ordinary waste. What do builders do with theirs as the plaster board contains gypsum as well this just goes into a skip. Its just more and more containers. How large are these so called bins and wher do we store them??????????????. This is now getting very ridiculous. What abot plaster used in Plaster casts etc. Where do they put this.??????????

11 years 2 months ago #4134 by tamzy_21
We have a study model box for the models we dont need to keep anymore. It is collected annualy by our clinical waste company but it can be collected as much as needed. :)

11 years 2 months ago #4103 by MLA
Hello,
Yes, if you need to store them make sure you label them so they can easily found again. Sometimes we need to save them for various reasons but not for general crowns etcetera.
If you don't need to store them you might give them to the patient . ;)
But we need to put them in a gypsum bin provided by the waste company you normally use.
:)

11 years 2 months ago #4048 by Assessor
Gypsum waste bin should be provided.

11 years 3 months ago #3363 by MrsW
The should be put into a "Gypsum Waste" bin :)

11 years 5 months ago #2995 by Louise
They should be collected by your clinical waste company. You should never throw them in the bin as they are made of gypsum I think) and this should not go into land fill this is in the HTM105 document. Hope this helps

11 years 5 months ago #2991 by Jellybean
we scrape of names/dates and have big bins which can be collected by the some company that collects our clinical waste (i think!) Unless the models are likely to be needed again in the near future

11 years 5 months ago #2990 by Ekw
Hi

We have to keep our study models for a certain amount of years. we have them in patient study model boxes which have a code which is kept on tracer cards. Casts if there's study models swell it will get boxed together if not I usually check with the clinician if it could be required again or not, such as a Denture or mouthguard if it's not required I put the casts in clinical waste. I suppose it depends what space u currently have and what your clinician prefers.

11 years 5 months ago #2987 by kcp
what does everyone do with there old casts, study mods ect should the clinical waste be collecting them?

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New