× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

mouth cancer action month

11 years 5 months ago #2985 by vickstar84
aw that sounds brilliant!! unfortunately im in the same situation not enough staff in the hospital to justify doing something like that :( so the display has been going up in bits and bats (early mornings!)!! I will try to upload pics on here (don't know if that's poss?? will check) I think its a good way to earn non -verifiable cpd and ive learned a few facts and figures I didn't know before so its really interesting! I will defiantly be doing something else next year!! its a brilliant way to learn and feel good about raising money for charity!! :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #2984 by Ekw
Hi vicky,

That's great you've raised money already and running your display. Last year we worked with our art college and we worked 2 DNs and 1 photographer and we took to the streets. We had a premade questionnaire from working with a Scottish government health funded campaign called "work of Mouth" we asked members of the public if they attended a dentist and things about their dental health, we then asked if they wld mind having their photo taken the end product was a giant face where every pixel was made from a member of the publics face it was good fun alot of walking though!! Not doing anything this hear though not enough staff. Good luck with you money raising!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: vickstar84

11 years 5 months ago #2979 by vickstar84
are any other dental nurses doing anything for mouth cancer action month? i'm doing a big display in the main entrance of the hospital where I work, displaying the signs of oral cancer and the importance of getting regular check ups! i've also sold 2 boxes of mouth cancer action badges raising over 60 pounds for the charity. be good to hear the other things dental nurses are doing to raise awareness :)

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New