Working hours

12 years 10 months ago #1491 by Vms118
You should always talk to the GDC about this sort of thing. Getting it wrong because someone you don't know on a forum told you could cost you big time. And as Janus says, they're really helpful :cheer:

Victorus Aut Mortis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #1472 by gemmley
I called them as I wasnt working at the time and they said that I still had to register and just continue my CPD even if I wasnt working. I dont think that there is a minimal amount of hours as I know some nurses who only work 10 hours a week who have young children.

Just call them they will be able to advise you properly

12 years 11 months ago #1417 by Toots
Why not phone the GDC and get a difinitive answer. I suspect though it is as Janus says. The GDC are very friendly and helpful when you ring

13 years 13 hours ago #1411 by MLA
So, you are saying that if I work less than 16 Hrs per week, I do not qualify as registered with GDC ?

13 years 2 weeks ago #1389 by Assessor
Minimum number of hours is 16

13 years 1 month ago #1352 by becksnurse
Thank you for your help. That is a relief. :)

13 years 1 month ago #1343 by Janus
I don't think there is a minimum hour in order to retain your registration. As long as you do all the CPD that you're required to in the 5 year cycle and pay your registration every year you can still be registered with the GDC. If you didn't register with the GDC one year you would need to demonstrate that you've still kept up your CPD to register the next.
I have a colleague who is officially retired,but still comes in every now and again and works the odd session if we need extra cover.

13 years 1 month ago #1341 by becksnurse
HI

I am reducing my hours at work and wondered if anyone knows what the minimum number of nursing hours are to retain your registration. I can't find the info on the GDC or anywhere.

Thanks for your help.
Becky

Moderators: DNN

Dental management level 3

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New