Dental nurse to hygienist

1 year 2 months ago #9432 by EmmaVolf
The role of a dental nurse to a hygienist is to provide support and assistance to the hygienist in the delivery of dental care. The nurse may help with patient preparation, sterilization of instruments, and the maintenance of a clean and safe environment. The nurse may also help the hygienist with patient education, documentation, and other administrative tasks. The nurse should be knowledgeable about dental procedures and be able to provide support and guidance to the hygienist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago #9359 by fseed
Hey, i think it's just apply to University. I know Sheffield is a really good one, but it will strengthen your application if you have some extra qualifications, such as OHE, Fluoride application, Impression taking etc.
Its always good to go to open days too and have a feel of the course and what it involves :). They do love dental nurses applying though as we have the clinical experience, so 17 years is amazing!!

Fiona

2 years 3 months ago #9354 by sarahthomas6
Hi Julie

When i inquired a few months ago, the best route for me as i had no A level Biology, was to do an Access to Health course :)

2 years 5 months ago #9338 by julie1979
Hi everyone, what would the process be to go from dental nursing approx 17 yrs experience to training to become a dental hygienist?

Hope you can help, thankyou.
Julie

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New