Notice & holiday pay

13 years 8 months ago #773 by Vms118
Sorry you don't like your new job. Essentially, you need to look at your contract and see how many annual leave days you have per annum - divide this number by 12 (as in months in a year) This number is the amount of annual leave days you accrue per month.

So for example, I have 24 AL days per annum. And before any mentions it, yes I know the minimum is now actually 28 days per annum but I also get bank holidays so I technically get 32 and knowing my bosses if I mention this to them they'll start taking all the bank holidays out our AL entitlement with how tight things are at the moment. So, 24 / 12 = 2. Every 1 month I work I accrue 2 days annual leave.

I am guessing the whole months you worked are June, July and August and so you have earned 6 days AL (assuming you have the same). I would be surprised if they don't make you pay the one extra back.

On a side note, I would tread very carefully with not giving a full months notice of leave. Employers have the right to dock your wages the amount it costs to hire adequate cover to fill your duties/position for the amount of time you are cutting your contractual notice short by. But I've only ever heard of big corporate companies like supermarkets etc doing this.

Hope this turns out ok.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #772 by Janiebt
Hi all,

Currently started in new job in June this year and loathe it.. Have taken 7 of my entitled holidays, kept some for Christmas period. I am now about to hand in my notice , which I've found out is a month, but my new job starts early sept.. I hate the place I'm in, stressed all the time, don't want to go into the rest. What u want to know is as I've taken hols , will I owe them all back as I'm not working full month notice period :(

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New