× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

I'm stuck on one of my assignments.

4 years 8 months ago #8985 by Little1ne1988
Thank you so much!! I do have two other questions if you can help? :-/. X

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #8976 by Mummypower72
You may well have completed this task by now
But I will help just Incase
You would report the risk to the principal dentist/head nurse/practice manager who would then take appropriate action of protection possible contact with Human Resources
The hazard of hepes simplex is cross contamination either through aerosol or blood, you can contract a corneal ulcer or hepatic whitloe on the finger after contamination with the hepes simples virus
Damaged instruments will be contamination and functional risk, they may cause trauma to the patients tissue and can harbor bacteria as the cleaning and disinfection will be compromised
Hope that helps x

4 years 9 months ago #8962 by Little1ne1988
hello, this is my first post as i have only just signed up. my questions that I am stuck on is who would you report the hazard of HIV to and what is the hazard of Herpes Simplex and who would you report this hazard to? and the last one is what is the hazard of damaged instruments? I know It would be cross-contamination and cross-infection but I want to make it lengthier than that. I also need to know who this would be reported to. thank you in advance. x

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New