Certificates received. Taking a brake? What now?

6 years 8 months ago #8411 by SmilingDCP
Hello Kate,

If you call the GDC, they will be more than happy to advise and help you.

As far as I'm aware, once you're qualified, nobody can take that away from you. However, if you are qualified and practicing you need to be on the GDC Register.

If you decide to stop nursing for a while, and don't register, then when you do decide to come back to nursing you would need to demonstrate current knowledge with CPD. I think someone in another post has mentioned they would need to to catch up with the full 150 hrs, but double check this with the GDC.

All the best
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kate_K

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #8403 by Kate_K
Hi there. I have a couple of questions. Firstly let me explain my situation. I've started my dental nursing apprenticeship course in late 2015 at College. Meanwhile I've been working in a private dental practice gaining hands on experience for two years now. And I have just received my Certificates from college.
(1) does that mean I have to immediately register with the GDC?
(2) How long are my qualifications/certificates valid till?
(3) will I lose my option to register letter on in few years?
The reasoning behind the question is that I'm thinking of taking a brake from dental nursing and perhaps going into a different career/ different apprenticeship. That being said I do not want to quit dental nurseing. Hoping to come back to the profession in a couple years just want to experience whats out there. I hope I'm making sense. My head is all over the place rn. Thanks guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Dental management level 3

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New