Assiting for Implants/surgical procedures

9 years 8 months ago #6354 by Fern89
Hi There,

I am new to this site and had a quick look through to see if I could see any topics previously about this but couldn't see anything at a glance...

I was wondering if there are any nurses on here that also assist in implants/surgical procedures? And if so, do you get some sort of benefit, pay rise for doing so?

I was promised when I took on this role that I would get a percentage per implant that was placed but I am yet to see it 3 years later. I have came in on Saturdays when the practice is closed to assist but have to constantly chase up being paid for it. I have asked on several occasions to attend the implants for dental nurses courses, but yet again its never happened 3 years later and if I was to leave yes I would have the experience but I haven't under took the training.

He is now leaving to do further training and will be carrying out implant/surgical procedures on a Saturday and just want to see if anyone else does this, at what cost and if they have had to carry out the training to do so....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Dental management level 3

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New