Tax relief on subscriptions

6 years 2 months ago #8598 by unflappable
Generally speaking I find if the employer is not willing to pay for GDC registration, compulsory cpd, uniform and indemnity this is a sign they are a bad boss! Don't accept the job offer!
They can claim these back as business expenses so it costs them very little.
The reason dentists and hygenists pay for their own is because they are self employed.
If we decide to join BADN this is our choice, the others are prerequisite for us to be able to work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #8352 by millstone
Update please Teesey. What have tax office said now? This affects us all, what exactly can we include on the form to register for tax relief?

7 years 2 months ago #8151 by Teesey
Hi guys
Unfortunately this is what I did say "British association of dental nurses" but fot some reaso they are having none of it I wouldnt mind but I took out the indemnity which i jeed to do my job I have even had a call on my mobile today to say that the situation stands after I complained I called bad in the end to see what I can do and Pam Dwain has asked me.to.forward letter to her let's put it this way I'll be considering my position if they don't change this as renewal time is due also

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #8142 by DNN
Hi Teesey,

BADN is on their list:

www.gov.uk/government/publications/profe...nd-learned-societies

But you must call it British Association of Dental Nurses as they won't know it as BADN.

Here is the link to apply online or use the free tax form under 'My account'
www.gov.uk/tax-relief-for-employees/prof...es-and-subscriptions

Does that help you?

Many thanks
TeamDNN

7 years 3 months ago #8141 by Teesey
Hi j moss
That is exactly what I did I claimed they the gov website but they have informed me that unless the company is on their "list" then you have to fill a self assessment form in? I enquired 're badn and they said it was so I'm confused it's the 1st yr of my own identity and if I'm not going to get tax relief on something I need for my job then I'm in the wrong job after 30 yrs!!

7 years 3 months ago #8140 by jmoss
I used this form from .gov

public-online.hmrc.gov.uk/lc/content/xfa...ate=P87_en_1.2.3.xdp

You dont need to use a company to do this on your behalf, and I claimed for my BADN subscription, GDC retention and other professional subscriptions i have.

7 years 3 months ago #8138 by Teesey
Hi guys
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this. I have been told by the tax office that if I want to claim for badn who I have my identity with then I need to fill in a self assessment tax form!!!!
Is this correct?

Moderators: DNN

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New