× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Help!!

2 years 7 months ago #9341 by unflappable
Book in for your booster jab as ASAP - I would explain to my GP practice the difficulty and ask to be booked as an emergency.
Only work deemed to be at high risk of sharps injuries requires Hep B sero-conversion ie assisting for oral surgery and re-processing instruments. Therefore the agency could send you for reception work and plain dental nursing (some practices have a decontamination technician doing the scrubbing and sterilising).
Some practices have a second nurse (clean nurse) when placing implants who basically just hovers to open packets, processes x-rays and wipes down the room in between patients ie not high risk of sharps injury.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #9336 by aleashacollins
I had all of my Hep B vaccinations back in 2016, but I never had a blood test (I’m not sure why?). Anyway I’m starting locuming soon and they’ve asked for proof of my levels which I obviously didn’t have.

I ordered an at home blood test due to the shortage of blood tubes at the moment I couldn’t get my surgery to do it for a while.
It came back as not immune to hep b.

What do I do now? Locuming will be my only source of income - will I not be able to work?

Should I do a booster and then do another blood test in 4-6 weeks?

Or do I do the whole course again? But when will I be allowed in the surgery?

I cannot find any guidance on this whatsoever

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Dental management level 3

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New