Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

moving to dubai and need help!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: moving to dubai and need help!

moving to dubai and need help! 1 year, 3 months ago #4884


I was looking to see if any Dental Nurses have that have worked or do work in Dubai could help me out at all? I am moving to Dubai in June this year and will be looking to continue working as a Dental Nurse. The problem that i have are that i have been told i need a DHA license to work so i have proceeded to go online to get this license but as always....things are not straight forward! They have asked what equivalent is my qualification to...a batchelors or a post grad? I have neither as i have an NVQ Level 3? this is mandatory and will not let me proceed. I have been told that i need one before starting ant work and the application can take up to 6 weeks and now starting to panic as nobody is repying to any enquiry emails to the website

I would be very very grateful if anyone had any informaion or advice about working in Dubai as a Dental Nurse or even this DHA license!

I am 27 with 11 years experience, NVQ Level 3 (8 years qualified) and GDC reg.

Thank you in advance!!!!

Re: moving to dubai and need help! 1 year, 3 months ago #4891

  • MLA
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 116
  • Karma: 6
Hello, Not sure if this can be of any help...but I am surprised that if you already have been offered a job, they never told you about this licence. I know that for dentists they can somehow, get around that. Also, you will not be allowed to just cohabit, that is forbidden. A man and a woman living together must be married.

​In Dubai, if a company or individual wants to pursue a professional practice, they will need to obtain a professional licence. Like a trade or industrial licence, a professional licence is provided by the Department of Economic Development. Unlike a trade or industrial licence, which requires the use of capital to do business, a professional licence allows companies or individuals to provide services that utilise trained skills. Individuals that require professional licences include accountants, advertising professionals, architectural consultants, auditors, teachers, lawyers, and doctors and nurses. The long list of trades that require a professional licence can be picked up from any Department of Economic Development office. You can also use the Activity Search feature on the Department of Economic Development website to determine whether or not your trade requires a professional licence. Like trading and manufacturing companies, professional companies require a local service agent to practice in the emirate. Holders of professional licences can employ a limited number of workers who will also be covered under the professional licence.

Medical professionals in Dubai must obtain their license through Dubai Health Authority (DHA). The procedure involves payment of fees, training courses, exams and ministry approvals. Doctors in Dubai must obtain specific licenses from DHA depending on whether they are interns, general practitioners, specialists, consultants or resident doctors. Similarly, dentists must obtain specific licenses from DHA depending on whether they are interns, general dentists, specialists, consultants or resident dentists. Nurses too must obtain their license from DHA depending on whether they are applying for registered nurse, registered midwife, nurse practioner, mental health nurse, paediatric nurse, community nurse or assistant nurse. It is to be noted that even alternative medical practioners such as ayurveda, chiropractic medicine, homeopathy, naturopathic medicine, osteopathic medicine, traditional Chinese medicine and Unani medicine must obtain the required license from DHA.

Those physicians wishing to start a clinic within Dubai can also take advantage of the services of Dubai Healthcare City, which assists in both obtaining a permit and setting up a healthcare practice within its free zone.
All health-care professionals including doctors, technicians, dentists, pharmacists and traditional practitioners; especially outside the UAE can now apply online for a medical license to work in the UAE. They can apply for the fully operational online Examination & Evaluation Sytem (EES), in their own country, thus reducing costs and time, with even the fee being paid electronically.

Steps to apply online for the exam:
1. Visit the Ministry of Health's website to access the Evaluation for Physicians & Technicians tab under eServices.
2. Upload required information & documents.
3. To make the payment, arrange for a UAE e-Dirham card which can be bought in person or online from the ministries of Finance and Interior and /or any member bank.
4. Once registered, the applicant has to appear for an exam conducted by Prometric Worldwide, a global testing network. The results are delivered electronically.

Also, have a look at this, here you can see that a dental nurse is called Dental Assistant., plus all the other information.
Good luck!

Re: moving to dubai and need help! 2 months, 1 week ago #6196

  • anabella
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
And if you are going to Dubai and need a logistics company, you can check Global Logistics. It’s the best company on the market and they have a team of specialized professionals that work fast. They have the best quality services in the region.
  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 1.23 seconds