The distance learning NEBDN accredited Oral Health Education course is suited to registered dental nurses who desire to become qualified oral health educators. The course is an excellent stepping stone towards retraining to become a hygienist. The course takes nine months to complete and is comprised of online learning modules, a record of competence (which must be completed in clinic under supervision), and a written exam (held on 8th March 2019 – see the list of exam locations below).
Who Should Apply?
You should only apply for this course if you are employed, qualified, registered, indemnified and:
- Have access to five of the seven specified patient groups (see groups below);
- Are able to meet the NEBDN record of competence requirements - View here;
- Have read the scheme of work and considered the time commitment required each week;
- Have access to one or more committed mentors/supervisors;
- Have the self-discipline required to complete the course;
- Have access to a computer and the internet;
- Feel you are motivated enough to complete the course;
- Are able to attend one of the listed exam locations below.
- Pregnant/nursing mothers
- Parents of preschool children (4 and under)
- Parents of primary school children (5 – 11)
- Adolescent (12 – 15)
- Adult (16 – 64)
- Seniors (65 and older)
- Special Needs / Medically compromised
DNN upholds a strict application process to ensure candidates are suitable for the course. You may be required to undertake a telephone interview.
- Your GDC Registration;
- Your main supervisor’s GDC Registration;
- CPD Certificate (no older than twelve months) – Medical Emergencies;
- CPD Certificate (no older than twelve months) – Disinfection and Decontamination;
- CPD Certificate (no older than twelve months) – Radiation Protection;
- CPD Certificate (no older than twelve months) – Safeguarding;
- CPD Certificate (no older than twelve months) – Legal and Ethical Issues.
- Signed NEBDN Contract: Download Contract Here
Please contact DNN if you are not up-to-date with your CPD.
- £525 – excludes NEBDN exam fee (£195.00).
- Less £25.00 for students who have completed the Introduction to Oral Health Education Online Course or Fluoride Varnish Application Course
- Non-refundable deposit required upon acceptance onto course: £225.00. Remaining tutorial and exam fees due two weeks before the course starts. Print Application
You have the option to pay upfront before the course starts which is:
- Course: £525 inc VAT
- Exam: £195 (Paid to NEBDN)
Upfront payment is due no later than 4th June 2018.
Or you have the option to pay the course over three months but this increases the fee to:
- Course: £600 inc VAT
- Exam: £195 (Paid to NEBDN)
If you select this option, please note payment due dates:
- May/2018: £225.00 inc VAT
- 04/06/2018: £285.00 inc VAT
- 04/07/2018: £285.00 inc VAT
You must attend an exam at one of the listed exam locations.
Exam date: Friday 8th March 2019
- London - Available
- Birmingham - Available