Free online vCPD

11 years 2 months ago #4241 by Chilli
Ye that would be great. if you could send it to; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #1124 by lynn55
Hello Sofia

Just type in Dentsply and click on the site you may have to register then they send you your certificates to download

13 years 4 months ago #1123 by sofia77
Hello can you please send me a copy i know it's been a while
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
thanks

13 years 5 months ago #1077 by cjs2911
Hi....I'm loving all this free CPD and I have found more!

You can get 6 hours on the Dentsply Website. Click on Education and then How to Guides. You have to register but it is all free.

13 years 5 months ago #998 by lynn55
yes the american one are valid over here
good luck

13 years 5 months ago #995 by joannep
Thank you Lynn.
I have just completed the Dental Channel one on oral cancer.

Just one question though.............I have just looked at the waterpik courses, and they are American based. Are these considered acceptable CPD here in the UK?

13 years 5 months ago #991 by lynn55
Hi

There are quite a few sites you can access at no cost for verifiable cpds, just found another called dentalnursenetwork.com they have an hour one at the moment.
Keep checking the CTS website often have a free cpd also the dentalchannel has an oral cancer one at present try the waterpik website just done 5, 3 hour verifiable cpd (free) if you have trouble with the site, let me know I can forward the site to you.
Waterpik® Self Study Courses

Also keep doing the Shancockltd ones. The Dentistry magazine often have one, ask your dentist if they subscribe to the mag, they sometimes have a freebie.
There is a site called ww.engenderhealth, it has an online infection control quiz, at the end you can download a certificate, I put my name and GDC no on it.
The cogate site sometimes have a cpd on it.
Also you can always get a rep to come and give you a lunch time talk for a an hours free cpd.

Hope all these site help

Good luck

13 years 5 months ago #977 by Sher
I've had a go at the free CPD from The Dental Channel and gained my free CPD from them no problem. They have some really good courses that nurses can do on there, but cost can be expensive for a regular membership.

However, once they have your details, they will more than likely send you emails about future courses you may be interested in. I actually received one and said if I replied asap I could go on one of the webinars free of charge and it was verified CPD - you receive your certificate after you've given feedback. I chose a webinar about isolation and rubber dam.

They also have offers from time to time - there was a webinar recording about medical emergencies and cost £10 which you could access, and again, it was verified CPD. It's definitely worth checking their site as it is another way of gaining CPD either free or at a lower cost. :cheer:

13 years 5 months ago #965 by joannep
Hi Louise, Zoe and Caroline
email sent. let me know if you don't receive it and I'll try again. It was my first attempt at sending a multi-address message.

Joanne x

13 years 5 months ago #960 by Caroline
Hi would you be able to send it to me also? It would be a great help. My email is
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thank you in advance. :)

13 years 5 months ago #959 by zoeleanne
Me too! :) I would be so greatful if you could mail me the CTS Radiography article...Thankyou in advance, finding it really hard to find anything on radiography that doesnt cost the earth.
Thanks again.

13 years 5 months ago #954 by lu-lu
i no its really old but can someone please email me the cts radiography artical please iv done the mouthwash one

thankyou

13 years 5 months ago #947 by joannep
Hi Michelle
have just emailed you. xx

13 years 5 months ago #946 by michelle979
hi please would you send me the CTS article/cpd also?
it owuld be much appreciated?
thankyou,michelle
my email is:

13 years 5 months ago #934 by joannep
can you send me your email so that I can pass it on? Mine is: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

13 years 5 months ago #933 by seaside
Hi,
I would be grateful if you could forward me the CTS radiography article/questions you picked up from the showcase.
Many Thanks
Clare

13 years 5 months ago #932 by joannep
Have emailed it to you. :)

13 years 5 months ago #930 by Sher
Joannep - I'd appreciate you sending me a copy of this CPD from CTS. Please forward to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. :cheer:

13 years 6 months ago #925 by joannep
For anyone that wants a copy, I have an article with questions that will give you 1 hour verifiable CPD on radiography. I picked it up from the CTS stand at the Showcase yesterday.

Will scan it and send it as an attachment. :)

13 years 8 months ago #698 by Sher
Thanks for this - it's great that we're able to find as much free CPD as possible. What with having to pay the Annual Retention Fee etc, the costs soon add up.

CTS dental supplies also provide 1 hours free CPD with their newletter every month. You just need to read a brief article and then answer some questions on their website. Your CPD certificate will then be emailed to you direct at home or workplace a couple of weeks later. Their email address is cts-dental.com.

13 years 8 months ago #678 by kayde
sorry guys i'm abit lost/confused(it doesnt take much) whats this dental channel you mentioned?

13 years 8 months ago #676 by Vms118
That was the one! thanks for that. I can't believe I forgot the title.

Thanky :)

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #675 by joannep
the 4ever learning title was: Additional duties for DCP's and dentists, and understanding competency.

It was all about the duties each member could do now and with additional training.

the dental channel one was to do with cross infection: Infection prevention and control - hand hygiene

Hope this is what you were after

13 years 8 months ago #674 by Vms118
OK, this is going to sound really odd. I am logging my weeks CPD (yeah I'm that bored) and have come to the 4everlearning certificate, I can't for the life of e remember what the content was! Bad memory I know. Can anyone remember what subject of x - infection is it was?

:blush:

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 8 months ago #673 by Vms118
It is slightly disconcerting that you can take the quiz for the COPDEND CPD without viewing the programme and information/study material. I took the test before reading the info so as to gauge what areas I need to pay most attention to and it came up with - "9/10. Your Certificate is on the way" and that is 5 hours? Weird...

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 8 months ago #670 by Caroline
Thanks thats brill. It all helps :)

13 years 9 months ago #664 by sarah1988
my cross infection cert took about 2 weeks to come and was sent by e mail..hang in there!!!
worth the wait for 6 hours CPD!!!

13 years 9 months ago #644 by Vms118
Same here, have done a couple of them but no sign of certs...
:(

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 9 months ago #639 by joannep
thank you all for putting up the links. I have got my dental channel certificate, but still haven't received the 4everlearning one. Does it come by e-mail, or posted? I did it on the 14th.

13 years 9 months ago #638 by donna10480
How exciting...

I got my free Dental Channel CPD today.

No boring courses to attend and no money to pay - PERFECT ... thanks a lot. Keep them coming :)

13 years 9 months ago #635 by Jess
I usually use www.shancocksltd.com its updated monthly with lots of vCPD for free :)

13 years 9 months ago #628 by Kasia
Ooops, I think I sent the same link :P Anyway... are they going to sent the certificates to your work place? I would rather have them printed and quickly hidden in my CPD folder...

13 years 9 months ago #627 by Kasia
And another one from shulke on cross infection (1h):

www.s4dental.com/online-basic/

13 years 9 months ago #625 by sarah1988
also ther is one on the COPDEND website, gives u 4 hours on decontamination etc, seems like loads to do but pretty easy really!

13 years 9 months ago #624 by Vms118
Good job, nice one.
:)

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 9 months ago #623 by Kasia
Hi,

If anyone interested I found some free vCPD

www.4everlearning.com/verif-CPD-1HR.cfm (1h on boring stuff)

www.dental-channel.co.uk/resources/freecpd (1.5h on hand hygiene)

Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lamb, Tracey1963

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New